Today’s meeting will take place at 6:30 p.m. and will cover several topics of interest to South Gate. Here are five of the most important happenings on the agenda:
- The City Council will issue a proclamation declaring the week of April 8 as national Public Safety Telecommunicator’s Week.
- The City Council will issue a proclamation that will declare April 25 as Annual Denim Day and April as Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
- The City Council will conduct a public hearing on a resolution that would determine whether the Azalea Retail Project would provide enough of a public benefit to waive some development impact fees. The city has been discussing a potential $12 million subsidy for Primestor Development, the developer in charge of the Azalea Retail Project, which would create a shopping center on Firestone Boulevard and Atlantic Avenue. The City Council will also consider a memorandum of understanding with the developer.
- The City Council will consider approving an agreement on the engineering design of 515 street lights that would result in more efficient lighting. They will also approve an agreement with Southern California Edison Edison that would provide the city with energy rebates, which could be used to improve street lighting.
- The City Council will consider awarding a one- to five-year agreement to Ron’s Maintenance to keep up storm drain catch basins. The company was chosen by the city because it proposed the most economical service that met the city's standards.
Resident who wish to speak on a topic during the meeting should arrive on time and speak at the various allotted times.
Take our poll on the potential subsidy.